What do you call a hardtail race bike so light it can put most road bikes to shame? Well, we suppose you could call it a hardly-there-tail, but it actually goes by the name of the S-Works Epic Hardtail. Even while barely registering on the scale, we’ve loaded it with enough capability to do quite a number on the trail. Welcome to having your cake and eating it too—S-Works style.
- Ridiculously capable and refreshingly compliant with a weight that'll make most road frames jealous, the FACT 12m carbon S-Works Epic Hardtail frame isn't just light, it's the lightest production hardtail frame ever produced.
- Pairing 100 millimeters of the most efficient travel on earth with RockShox's svelte-yet-stiff SID SL Ultimate chassis, the RockShox SID SL Ultimate BRAIN fork serves as the pinnacle of XC-race suspension perfection.
- The pinnacle of drivetrain performance, SRAM's XX1 Eagle AXS combines next-gen wireless technology, incredibly accurate shift performance and game-changing versatility to drastically redefine the riding experience.
- Weighing a remarkable 1240 grams, the Roval Control SL wheelset not only increases strength and reduces weight, but also features a new 29-millimeter-wide internal width rim profile that improves pinch-flat resistance by 22-percent.
|Head Tube Length||95mm||95mm||110mm||125mm|
|Head Tube Angle||68.5°||68.5°||68.5°||68.5°|
|Fork Length, Full||506mm||506mm||506mm||506mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||579mm||604mm||633mm||662mm|
|Bike Standover Height||762mm||792mm||816mm||847mm|
|Seat Tube Length||400mm||430mm||470mm||520mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||74°||74°||74°||74°|
|4'10" -5'1"||148 - 155||X-Small|
|5'2" - 5'5"||158 - 165||Small|
|5'5" - 5'10"||165 - 178||Medium|
|5'10" - 6'1"||178 - 185||Large|
|6'1" - 6'4"||185 - 193||X-Large|
|6'3" - 6'6"||191 - 200||XX-Large|
|Frame||S-Works FACT 12m, Progressive XC Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, 12x148mm rear spacing, internal cable routing|
|Fork||RockShox SID SL ULTIMATE BRAIN, Top-Adjust Brain damper, Debon Air, 15x110mm, 44mm offset, 100mm Travel|
|Rims||Roval Control SL, Carbon offset design, 29mm internal width, 4mm hook width, Tubeless ready, 24h|
Front: Roval Control SL, DT Swiss Internals, Ceramic Bearings, 6-bolt, 15mm thru-axle, 110mm spacing, Torque caps, 24h straight pull t-head
Rear: Roval Control SL, DT Swiss 180 Internals, DT Swiss Ratchet EXP, Ceramic bearings, 12mm thru-axle, 148mm spacing, 24h straight-pull t-head
|Spokes||DT Swiss Aerolite|
|Tires||Specialized Fast Trak, Control Casing, T5 Compound, 29x2.35|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB, BSA 73mm, Threaded|
|Crankset||Quarq XX1 Powermeter, DUB, 170/175mm, 34t|
|Shifters||SRAM Eagle AXS Rocker Paddle|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS|
|Cassette/Freewheel||Sram XG-1299, 12-Speed, 10-52t|
|Chain||SRAM XX1 Eagle|
|Brakes||SRAM Level Ultimate, 2-piston caliper, hydraulic disc|
|Handlebars||S-Works Carbon XC Mini Rise, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 10mm rise, 760mm, 31.8mm|
|Tape/Grips||Specialized Trail Grips|
|Stem||S-Works SL, alloy, titanium bolts, 6-degree|
|Seatpost||S-Works FACT carbon, 10mm setback, 30.9mm|
|Saddle||Body Geometry S-Works Power, carbon fiber rails, carbon fiber base|
|Accessories & Extras||SWAT EMT Cage-Mount Tool|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Satin Carbon/Color Run Blue Murano Pearl / Small||888818773633||91322-0002||EPI24224317S|
|Satin Carbon/Color Run Blue Murano Pearl / Medium||888818771653||91322-0003||EPI24307169M|
|Satin Carbon/Color Run Blue Murano Pearl / Large||888818772223||91322-0004||EPI31201122L|
|Satin Carbon/Color Run Blue Murano Pearl / X-Large||888818771691||91322-0005||EPI25922426L|